Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Will she or won't she?

I have an 11 hour window when my period does not have permission to arrive. Said period may arrive at any other point in the next 14 days besides this 11 hour window (and besides when I'm wearing white pants, but that's a given).

Tomorrow, at approximately 1 p.m., I am leaving New Jersey and heading to Buffalo. I will take my last dose of progesterone tonight. After speaking with the RE's office, we determined that if I get a period on Thursday, I have to stay home for one more day to get bloodwork done on Friday morning so that I can start my injectables cycle. I'd have to stay put because Monday would be cycle day 5 at which point it would be too late and I couldn't start my drugs. I don't love the idea of staying home for another day as I generally only see my two best friends I am visiting once every year or two at best so I want to spend as much time as possible with them.

But, what if I get my period after I've left Jersey but still on Thursday? Do I turn around, pulling an illegal U-turn on the highway at 60 (okay, 75) miles per hour? What the heck do I do then?

And so this is why, period, you do not have permission to arrive on Thursday, July 31st between the hours of 1 p.m. and midnight. And frankly, if you could just not arrive on Thursday altogether, that'd be super. I think I've been more than accommodating for the last 76 days and I am only asking for 11 stinkin' hours (but preferably 24 hours).

What do you bet the whore shows up anyway? Sorry, I take it back. I didn't mean it. Please don't show up. Please.

On another note, I'm going to New York because it's my best friend's baby shower. I'm beyond excited for her to become a mom. Her journey to conceive a child has been long and difficult. She will be an amazing mother. So this is a pregnancy that I celebrate.

But....at the same time, I can't lie. I'm a little nervous for the shower. It's the first one I'll attend since trying to conceive my own child (I bailed on one a few months ago because a beyond understanding, wonderful friend of mine gave me the option after a particularly harrowing weekend). So I'm a little anxious about the few hours of baby toys, baby clothes and hopefully not baby questions directed at me, but this friend and baby are different. This one comforts much more than it could ever hurt. This one gives me hope.

3 comments:

CG said...

Here's wishing you a delayed period. Have fun in New York.

Stephanie said...

I hope the bitch didn't show today! I hope that shower goes ok. I know what you mean, I have a friend who had a hard time TTC and I'm beyond happy for her. But the shower could still be wierd. I think just worrying about the baby questions being directed at me...that's what's scary.

Echloe said...

Hope she doesn't show until she is supposed to.