Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Day in the Life





Injectables Day 1 is complete.

Here's the mandatory picture of the drugs. We received Follistim, the Follistim pen which is a small needle that gives out metered doses, the shot of Ovidrel for when we hopefully get to do an IUI, the sharps container, a bag of Hershey's Kisses, a very thoughtful letter and some other paperwork.

The chocolates and the nice letter made me cry. They meant a lot. The letter included comments like...

The endeavor you are undertaking may be the most important thing you will do in your life!

This is a most stressful time in your life so be kind to yourself...

Our staff is here to aid you during this very difficult process.

It's just nice to know that some people "get it". Even the UPS man was really nice when he dropped the drugs off. The whole thing just made me cry.

Here's Mr. Jaguar's reaction to giving me a shot after coming in the door singing and dancing about it. And he kept saying, "The nurse said to be sure I use a stabbing motion!" while driving his arm erratically through the air. He's clearly all broken up.

Here's my thoughts on getting a shot. I can't imagine why I don't share Mr. Jaguar's enthusiasm. Forgive me for this clearly unphotogenic picture. I was all drugged up on my muscle relaxers and didn't care so much what I looked like.

All in all, it wasn't so bad. The anticipation was the worst part. I popped a Hershey's Kiss in my mouth and Mr. Jaguar went to town. The needle was quick and didn't hurt as much as getting blood drawn. The injection site did ache a bit for a while after but it wasn't bad.

When we were done, Mr. Jaguar was heard saying, "That.Was.Awesome!"

4 comments:

manatee said...

The note with the medicine made me cry. You definitely deserve the chocolates after the injections. GL!

Stephanie said...

I'm glad that the pharmacy or dr.'s office that sent you your drugs is so thoughtful! ((hugs)) I would cry too just b/c it is so sweet of them.

I'm glad the injection went ok and that it wasn't so bad after all. I'm always thinking of you and hoping for the best this cycle!

Echloe said...

That is so nice of them to send you chocolate and the sweet note. And glad that even though you have to suffer Mr. Jaguar is entertained.

JenM said...

Great photos! Mr. Jaguar has a funny take on this. I don't know how I would feel if my DH was singing about it. :-)