Saturday, April 12, 2008

Well....here I am

Where I never really thought I'd be....creating a blog about trying to make a baby. It's actually surprising for two reasons. One, I am technologically impaired so I never even thought about creating a blog. Two, the husband and I are having a hard time creating a kid. I know, right? It's shocking. I never thought I'd be in this position.

This position started creeping up just this past holiday when I realized it had been a while since I had a period. I had gone off of the pill in July and was just "seeing what would happen". No charting, no temping, just seeing what would happen. A laissez-faire attitude seemed like the best way to approach this whole thing. So I got 2 periods, maybe the cycles were a little long but I wasn't concerned because I had just come off the pill. Things weren't necessarily supposed to just go right back to normal. But then right around the hecticness of getting ready for Christmas, it hit me that I hadn't had a period lately. When was the last one? Not in the past couple weeks...rewind...not at all in December...rewind...ummm, it was in the beginning of November. Hmmmmm.

The holidays wrap up, still nothing. I make an appointment with the gyno, he gives me the magic pills. Progesterone works and the 85 day cycle finally comes to a close. I bought the babymaking bible, Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

I took charge!...I studied my bible, I bought my basal body temp thermometer, I joined Fertility Friend and started charting, I bought my Mucinex/green tea/Evening Primrose Oil. And nothing. My body didn't seem to do any of the stuff that the bible said it would do because I am a beautiful, fertile woman blessed with the ability to create a child. Nope. Nothing. Damnit.

No comments: